( type_cname = "GdkToplevelInterface"
, type_id = "gdk_toplevel_get_type ()"
) ]public interface Toplevel
A Toplevel is a freestanding toplevel surface.
The Toplevel interface provides useful APIs for interacting with the windowing system, such as controlling
maximization and size of the surface, setting icons and transient parents for dialogs.
All known implementing classes:
- public void begin_move (Device device, int button, double x, double y, uint32 timestamp)
Begins an interactive move operation (for a toplevel surface).
- public void begin_resize (SurfaceEdge edge, Device? device, int button, double x, double y, uint32 timestamp)
Begins an interactive resize operation (for a toplevel surface).
- public void focus (uint32 timestamp)
Sets keyboard focus to
- public ToplevelState get_state ()
Gets the bitwise OR of the currently active surface state flags, from the
- public void inhibit_system_shortcuts (Event? event)
Requests that the this inhibit the system
shortcuts, asking the desktop environment/windowing system to let all keyboard events reach the surface, as long as it is focused, instead
of triggering system actions.
- public bool lower ()
Asks to lower the this below other
- public bool minimize ()
Asks to minimize the this.
- public void present (ToplevelLayout layout)
- public void restore_system_shortcuts ()
- public void set_decorated (bool decorated)
decorated to false
hints the desktop environment that the surface has its own, client-side decorations and does not need to have window decorations added.
- public void set_deletable (bool deletable)
deletable to true
hints the desktop environment that it should offer the user a way to close the surface.
- public void set_icon_list (List<Texture> surfaces)
Sets a list of icons for the surface.
- public void set_modal (bool modal)
The application can use this hint to tell the window manager that a certain
surface has modal behaviour.
- public void set_startup_id (string startup_id)
When using GTK, typically you should use
set_startup_id instead of this low-level function.
- public void set_title (string title)
Sets the title of a toplevel surface, to be displayed in the titlebar, in
lists of windows, etc.
- public void set_transient_for (Surface parent)
Indicates to the window manager that
surface is a transient
dialog associated with the application surface
- public bool show_window_menu (Event event)
Asks the windowing system to show the window menu.
- public bool supports_edge_constraints ()
Returns whether the desktop environment supports tiled window states.
All known members inherited from class Gdk.Surface
All known members inherited from class GLib.Object