public class System
Utility class for frequently-used system-related functions, such as opening files, launching applications, or executing terminal commands.
- public static bool execute_command (string command)
Executes the specified command.
- public static bool history_is_enabled ()
Returns whether history is enabled within the Security and Privacy system
settings or not. A value of true means that you should store information such as the last opened file or a history within the app.
- public static void launch (File app)
Launches the specified application.
- public static void launch_with_files (File? app, File files)
Launches the supplied files with the specified application.
- public static void open (File file)
Opens the specified file with the default application.
- public static void open_files (File files)
Opens the specified files with the default application.
- public static void open_uri (string uri)
Opens the specified URI with the default application. This can be used for
opening websites with the default browser, etc.
All known members inherited from class GLib.Object