DesktopAppInfo is an implementation of AppInfo based on desktop files.
Note that `<gio/gdesktopappinfo.h>` belongs to the UNIX-specific GIO interfaces, thus you have to use the `gio-unix-2.0.pc` pkg-config file when using it.
- public static List<DesktopAppInfo> get_implementations (string @interface)
Gets all applications that implement
- public static unowned string** search (string search_string)
Searches desktop files for ones that match
- public static void set_desktop_env (string desktop_env)
Sets the name of the desktop that the application is running in.
- public DesktopAppInfo (string desktop_id)
Creates a new DesktopAppInfo based on a desktop file id.
- public DesktopAppInfo.from_filename (string filename)
Creates a new DesktopAppInfo.
- public DesktopAppInfo.from_keyfile (KeyFile key_file)
Creates a new DesktopAppInfo.
- public string get_action_name (string action_name)
Gets the user-visible display name of the "additional application action" specified by
- public bool get_boolean (string key)
Looks up a boolean value in the keyfile backing this.
- public unowned string get_categories ()
Gets the categories from the desktop file.
- public unowned string get_filename ()
When this was created from a known filename, return it.
- public unowned string get_generic_name ()
Gets the generic name from the desktop file.
- public bool get_is_hidden ()
A desktop file is hidden if the Hidden key in it is set to True.
- public unowned string get_keywords ()
Gets the keywords from the desktop file.
- public string? get_locale_string (string key)
Looks up a localized string value in the keyfile backing this translated to the current locale.
- public bool get_nodisplay ()
Gets the value of the NoDisplay key, which helps determine if the application info should be shown in menus.
- public bool get_show_in (string desktop_env)
Checks if the application info should be shown in menus that list available applications for a specific name of the desktop, based on the `OnlyShowIn` and `NotShowIn` keys.
- public unowned string get_startup_wm_class ()
Retrieves the StartupWMClass field from this .
- public string get_string (string key)
Looks up a string value in the keyfile backing this.
- public string get_string_list (string key)
Looks up a string list value in the keyfile backing this.
- public bool has_key (string key)
keyexists in the "Desktop Entry" group of the keyfile backing this.
- public void launch_action (string action_name, AppLaunchContext launch_context)
Activates the named application action.
- public bool launch_uris_as_manager (List<string> uris, AppLaunchContext? launch_context, SpawnFlags spawn_flags, SpawnChildSetupFunc? user_setup = null, DesktopAppLaunchCallback? pid_callback = null) throws Error
This function performs the equivalent of launch_uris, but is intended primarily for operating system components that launch applications.
- public bool launch_uris_as_manager_with_fds (List<string> uris, AppLaunchContext? launch_context, SpawnFlags spawn_flags, SpawnChildSetupFunc? user_setup = null, DesktopAppLaunchCallback? pid_callback = null, int stdin_fd = -1, int stdout_fd = -1, int stderr_fd = -1) throws Error
Equivalent to launch_uris_as_manager but allows you to pass in file descriptors for the stdin, stdout and stderr streams of the launched process.
- public unowned string list_actions ()
Returns the list of "additional application actions" supported on the desktop file, as per the desktop file specification.
All known members inherited from class GLib.Object
All known members inherited from interface GLib.AppInfo