public enum EventType
EventType lists the standard event types that can be sent in a pipeline.
The custom event types can be used for private messages between elements that can't be expressed using normal GStreamer buffer passing
semantics. Custom events carry an arbitrary Structure. Specific custom events are
distinguished by the name of the structure.
- UNKNOWN - unknown event.
- FLUSH_START - Start a flush
- FLUSH_STOP - Stop a flush
- STREAM_START - Event to mark
the start of a new stream.
- CAPS -
- SEGMENT - A new media segment
follows in the dataflow.
- STREAM_COLLECTION - A new
StreamCollection is available (Since 1.10)
- TAG - A new set of metadata tags has
been found in the stream.
- BUFFERSIZE - Notification of
- SINK_MESSAGE - An event that
sinks turn into a message.
- STREAM_GROUP_DONE -
Indicates that there is no more data for the stream group ID in the message.
- EOS - End-Of-Stream.
- TOC - An event which indicates that a
new table of contents (TOC) was found or updated.
- PROTECTION - An event which
indicates that new or updated encryption information has been found in the stream.
- SEGMENT_DONE - Marks the end of
a segment playback.
- GAP - Marks a gap in the datastream.
- QOS - A quality message.
- SEEK - A request for a new playback
position and rate.
- NAVIGATION - Navigation events
are usually used for communicating user requests, such as mouse or keyboard movements, to upstream elements.
- LATENCY - Notification of new
- STEP - A request for stepping through
- RECONFIGURE - A request for
upstream renegotiating caps and reconfiguring.
- TOC_SELECT - A request for a new
playback position based on TOC entry's UID.
- SELECT_STREAMS - A request to
select one or more streams (Since 1.10)
- CUSTOM_UPSTREAM - Upstream
- CUSTOM_DOWNSTREAM -
Downstream custom event that travels in the data flow.
- CUSTOM_DOWNSTREAM_OOB -
Custom out-of-band downstream event.
- CUSTOM_DOWNSTREAM_STICKY -
Custom sticky downstream event.
- CUSTOM_BOTH - Custom upstream or
- CUSTOM_BOTH_OOB - Custom
upstream or downstream out-of-band event.