[ CCode ( cprefix = "ATK_ROLE_" , type_id = "atk_role_get_type ()" ) ]
public enum Role
public enum Role
Describes the role of an object
These are the built-in enumerated roles that UI components can have in ATK. Other roles may be added at runtime, so an AtkRole >= LAST_DEFINED is not necessarily an error.
- ACCELERATOR_LABEL - A label which represents an accelerator
- ALERT - An object which is an alert to the user.
- ANIMATION - An object which is an animated image
- APPLICATION - The object is an application
object, which may contain
ATK_ROLE_FRAMEobjects or other types of accessibles.
- ARROW - An arrow in one of the four cardinal directions
- ARTICLE - A section of a page that consists of a composition that forms an independent part of a document, page, or site.
- AUDIO - An object which represents an audio element.
- AUTOCOMPLETE - The object is a dialog or list containing items for insertion into an entry widget, for instance a list of words for completion of a text entry.
- BLOCK_QUOTE - An object which contains a text section that is quoted from another source.
- CALENDAR - An object that displays a calendar and allows the user to select a date
- CANVAS - An object that can be drawn into and is used to trap events
- CAPTION - The object contains descriptive information, usually textual, about another user interface element such as a table, chart, or image.
- CHART - The object is a graphical depiction of quantitative data.
- CHECK_BOX - A choice that can be checked or unchecked and provides a separate indicator for the current state
- CHECK_MENU_ITEM - A menu item with a check box
- COLOR_CHOOSER - A specialized dialog that lets the user choose a color
- COLUMN_HEADER - The header for a column of data
- COMBO_BOX - A collapsible list of choices the user can select from
- COMMENT - An object found within a document and designed to present a comment, note, or other annotation.
- CONTENT_DELETION - Content previously deleted or proposed to be deleted, e.g. in revision history or a content view providing suggestions from reviewers.
- CONTENT_INSERTION - Content previously inserted or proposed to be inserted, e.g. in revision history or a content view providing suggestions from reviewers.
- DATE_EDITOR - An object whose purpose is to allow a user to edit a date
- DEFINITION - A definition of a term or concept.
- DESCRIPTION_LIST - An object that represents a list of term-value groups.
- DESCRIPTION_TERM - An object that represents a term or phrase with a corresponding definition.
- DESCRIPTION_VALUE - An object that represents the description, definition or value of a term.
- DESKTOP_FRAME - A pane that supports internal frames and iconified versions of those internal frames
- DESKTOP_ICON - An inconifed internal frame within a DESKTOP_PANE
- DIAL - An object whose purpose is to allow a user to set a value
- DIALOG - A top level window with title bar and a border
- DIRECTORY_PANE - A pane that allows the user to navigate through and select the contents of a directory
- DOCUMENT_EMAIL - A document frame which contains email content to be displayed or composed either in plain text or HTML.
- DOCUMENT_FRAME - The object is a visual frame or container which contains a view of document content.
- DOCUMENT_PRESENTATION - A document frame which contains a presentation or slide content.
- DOCUMENT_SPREADSHEET - A document frame which contains a spreadsheet.
- DOCUMENT_TEXT - A document frame which contains textual content, such as found in a word processing application.
- DOCUMENT_WEB - A document frame which contains HTML or other markup suitable for display in a web browser.
- DRAWING_AREA - An object used for drawing custom user interface elements
- EDITBAR - The object is an editable text object in a toolbar.
- EMBEDDED - The object is an embedded container within a document or panel.
- ENTRY - The object is a component whose textual
content may be entered or modified by the user, provided
- FILE_CHOOSER - A specialized dialog that lets the user choose a file
- FILLER - A object that fills up space in a user interface
- FONT_CHOOSER - A specialized dialog that lets the user choose a font
- FOOTER - An object that serves as a document footer.
- FOOTNOTE - An object that contains the text of a footnote.
- FORM - The object is a container for form controls, for instance as part of a web form or user-input form within a document.
- FRAME - A top level window with a title bar, border, menubar, etc.
- GLASS_PANE - A pane that is guaranteed to be painted on top of all panes beneath it
- GROUPING - A group of related widgets.
- HEADER - An object that serves as a document header.
- HEADING - The object serves as a heading for content which follows it in a document.
- HTML_CONTAINER - A document container for HTML, whose children represent the document content
- ICON - A small fixed size picture, typically used to decorate components
- IMAGE - An object whose primary purpose is to display an image
- IMAGE_MAP - An image map object.
- INFO_BAR - An object designed to present a message to the user within an existing window.
- INPUT_METHOD_WINDOW - The object is a window or similar viewport which is used to allow composition or input of a 'complex character', in other words it is an "input method window.
- INTERNAL_FRAME - A frame-like object that is clipped by a desktop pane
- INVALID - Invalid role
- LABEL - An object used to present an icon or short string in an interface
- LANDMARK - A region of a web page intended as a navigational landmark.
- LAST_DEFINED - not a valid role, used for finding end of the enumeration
- LAYERED_PANE - A specialized pane that allows its children to be drawn in layers, providing a form of stacking order
- LEVEL_BAR - A bar that serves as a level indicator to, for instance, show the strength of a password or the state of a battery.
- LINK - The object is a hypertext anchor, i.e. a "link" in a hypertext document.
- LIST - An object that presents a list of objects to the user and allows the user to select one or more of them
- LIST_BOX - A non-collapsible list of choices the user can select from.
- LIST_ITEM - An object that represents an element of a list
- LOG - A text widget or container holding log content, such as chat history and error logs.
- MARK - A run of content that is marked or highlighted, such as for reference purposes, or to call it out as having a special purpose.
- MARQUEE - A container where non-essential information changes frequently.
- MATH - A text widget or container that holds a mathematical expression.
- MATH_FRACTION - An object that represents a mathematical fraction.
- MATH_ROOT - An object that represents a mathematical expression displayed with a radical.
- MENU - An object usually found inside a menu bar that contains a list of actions the user can choose from
- MENU_BAR - An object usually drawn at the top of the primary dialog box of an application that contains a list of menus the user can choose from
- MENU_ITEM - An object usually contained in a menu that presents an action the user can choose
- NOTIFICATION - A transitory object designed to present a message to the user, typically at the desktop level rather than inside a particular application.
- OPTION_PANE - A specialized pane whose primary use is inside a DIALOG
- PAGE - The object is a containing instance which encapsulates a page of information.
- PAGE_TAB - An object that is a child of a page tab list
- PAGE_TAB_LIST - An object that presents a series of panels (or page tabs), one at a time, through some mechanism provided by the object
- PANEL - A generic container that is often used to group objects
- PARAGRAPH - An object which is contains a paragraph of text content.
- PASSWORD_TEXT - A text object uses for passwords, or other places where the text content is not shown visibly to the user
- POPUP_MENU - A temporary window that is usually used to offer the user a list of choices, and then hides when the user selects one of those choices
- PROGRESS_BAR - An object used to indicate how much of a task has been completed
- PUSH_BUTTON - An object the user can manipulate to tell the application to do something
- RADIO_BUTTON - A specialized check box that will cause other radio buttons in the same group to become unchecked when this one is checked
- RADIO_MENU_ITEM - A check menu item which belongs to a group.
- RATING - A widget whose purpose is to display a rating, such as the number of stars associated with a song in a media player.
- REDUNDANT_OBJECT - The object is redundant with another object in the hierarchy, and is exposed for purely technical reasons.
- ROOT_PANE - A specialized pane that has a glass pane and a layered pane as its children
- ROW_HEADER - The header for a row of data
- RULER - An object which describes margins and tab stops, etc.
- SCROLL_BAR - An object usually used to allow a user to incrementally view a large amount of data.
- SCROLL_PANE - An object that allows a user to incrementally view a large amount of information
- SECTION - The object is a containing instance of document content which constitutes a particular 'logical' section of the document.
- SEPARATOR - An object usually contained in a menu to provide a visible and logical separation of the contents in a menu
- SLIDER - An object that allows the user to select from a bounded range
- SPIN_BUTTON - An object used to get an integer or floating point number from the user
- SPLIT_PANE - A specialized panel that presents two other panels at the same time
- STATIC - A generic non-container object whose purpose is to display a brief amount of information to the user and whose role is known by the implementor but lacks semantic value for the user.
- STATUSBAR - An object which reports messages of minor importance to the user
- SUBSCRIPT - An object that contains text that is displayed as a subscript.
- SUGGESTION - A container for content that is called out as a proposed change from the current version of the document, such as by a reviewer of the content.
- SUPERSCRIPT - An object that contains text that is displayed as a superscript.
- TABLE - An object used to represent information in terms of rows and columns
- TABLE_CELL - A cell in a table
- TABLE_COLUMN_HEADER - The header for a column of a table
- TABLE_ROW - A row in a table.
- TABLE_ROW_HEADER - The header for a row of a table
- TEAR_OFF_MENU_ITEM - A menu item used to tear off and reattach its menu
- TERMINAL - An object that represents an accessible terminal.
- TEXT - An interactive widget that supports multiple lines of text and optionally accepts user input, but whose purpose is not to solicit user input.
- TIMER - An object containing a numerical counter which indicates an amount of elapsed time from a start point, or the time remaining until an end point.
- TITLE_BAR - A bar that serves as the title of a window or a dialog.
- TOGGLE_BUTTON - A specialized push button that can be checked or unchecked, but does not provide a separate indicator for the current state
- TOOL_BAR - A bar or palette usually composed of push buttons or toggle buttons
- TOOL_TIP - An object that provides information about another object
- TREE - An object used to represent hierarchical information to the user
- TREE_ITEM - An object that represents an element of a tree.
- TREE_TABLE - An object capable of expanding and collapsing rows as well as showing multiple columns of data.
- UNKNOWN - The object contains some Accessible information, but its role is not known
- VIDEO - An object which represents a video element.
- VIEWPORT - An object usually used in a scroll pane
- WINDOW - A top level window with no title or border.
- public static Role for_name (string name)
Get the Role type corresponding to a rolew name.
- public static Role register (string name)
Registers the role specified by